10 Ways to Burn Calories without Going to the Gym
Burning off calories is not just for those that overweight, as it keeps the body in a good and healthy state.
Calories intake to the body is not as bad as most people think it is, as it is needed by the body. However, excess calories in the system are not good as it can lead to overweight and other adverse health effects.
Read Also: 5 Things to Do to Have A Nice Day
It is advisable to exercise to burn excess calories out of the system, but going to the gym regularly is not as feasible as most of us want it. A lot of activities keeps us from going to the gym, and in this article, we are going to list ways to burn calories without hitting the gym.
1. Eat Right: you have to consider what you eat, as you watch your calories intake to reduce calories build up in your body. According to studies carried out by webmd, there is some food intake that will help reduce the number of calories in your system and this will help your system in building up excess calories.
2. Taking a Walk: if you cannot hit the gym regularly, probably due to work or busy schedule, then you can develop a routine o taking a walk for about 30 minutes daily, probably when going to work or coming back. This is also good for the heart as it increases the heart rate.
3. Using Staircase Instead of Using Elevators: you do not have the time to go to the gym or you don't have exercising equipment, then you can practice using the Staircase as your exercise equipment. Instead of using the elevators, you should take the stairs and use the opportunity to exercise and burn off some calories. This is ideal for workers that cannot find time to visit the gym.
4. Drink Water regularly: water is a dissolving substance and taking water regularly help to increase metabolism in the body thus burning excess calories.
5. Practicing Yoga: Yoga is a form of exercise or meditation that involves stretching limbs and muscles of the body. You can practice yoga pose anywhere even in your office, as you do not need any equipment for most yoga exercise. It increases the beat of the heart and stretched joints, keeping you fit and strong.
6. Riding Bicycle: instead of taking a car or cab, you might decide to ride a bicycle especially on a shorter distance to the office, church or to see a friend. Such activities give you the opportunity to burn off calories as you go about your daily activities.
7. Go Out More: I am sure you would have noticed when you spend much time at home over a long period, you tend to add weight. This is because you are burning fewer calories as you are inactive. When you go out, you become active especially in physical activities and your body metabolism increases as you burn off calories in your body.
8. Having Sex Regularly: let this not shock you in any way as it has been proven that sex is a good activity in burning off calories. You not only enjoy yourself in sexual activities but it's also beneficial health-wise. According to a report, which was published on dailymail , 30 minutes of sexual activity is as good as working out in the gym.
9. Dancing: you can burn off Calories by putting on your dancing shoes at home or when you hit the club. There are those that take dancing as a hobby, going for dancing classes. This is a good way to burn off calories while you are having fun.
10. Swimming: Swimming is a leisure activity enjoyed by many people and it is one of the best activities to burn off calories as it relaxes you. Swimming works on the major joints in the body and it is very good for the heart as it increases the rate of metabolism.